A Beginner's Guide To The 90 Day Plan, The Body Coach, Joe Wicks.
A Beginner’s Guide To The 90 Day Plan
It’s natural to be hesitant if exercise is new to you, and if you feel unfit.
If you become more active gradually, and you start gentle exercise the muscles and joints will become stronger and you will get fitter and leaner.
Stretches prepare your body, soften up the muscles and the joints, for whatever you are doing during the day. Cardio, gets the heart pumping and helps reduce all kinds of illnesses. Weight training will lean you up and lubricate your joints.
Medical Journal says: “Short‐term HIIT training increase aerobic and metabolic fitness in men with class II and III obesity”
Exercise training is an effective strategy to improve insulin sensitivity and to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. High‐intensity interval training (HIIT) was reported to rapidly induce adaptations that are linked to improved aerobic fitness and health‐related outcomes in sedentary individuals and individuals with overweight/obesity. It was demonstrated that only 2 or 4 weeks of HIIT was a sufficient stimulus to increase the maximal oxygen uptake with women and men with overweight.
Rondel King, MS, CSCS, an exercise physiologist at NYU Langone’s Sports Performance Center.
The Pros and Cons of Cardio For Fat Loss
“Rondel recommended high-intensity interval training (HIIT) because, “It gives you a hormonal response that’s conducive to muscle growth, and it’s more anabolic — where you’re developing tissue, muscles, collagen, cartilage, things of that nature,” he said. HIIT also “produces precursors to things like testosterone and growth hormone and things that will potentially help you increase your lean muscle mass.”
“Strength training is also imperative in order to lose body fat and build muscle. According to Rondel, your strength sessions should incorporate compound exercises because they require more energy to perform and burn more calories and fat.”
I’m doing 15 workout videos from ‘The 90 Day Plan’ with Joe Wicks – ‘The Body Coach’.
Here you will find modified moves to suit Beginners, Intermediate and Seniors and all you who would like to follow a fitness plan but believe you can’t. I recommend you chose one move that you jump to, the rest move without jumping to save the knees if you are starting out exercising.
You might like the 90-day plan’, but The Body Coach’s moves and his energetic style makes you self-conscious and before you have even started you believe you can’t do it.
Do you think that you can’t exercise because you are too unfit? too fat? too old, too this and too that to be able to follow any workout? but you still keep on dreaming about doing it, one day, in the future?
Well, I’m here to ask you: How would you feel about starting to change that thought right now? And to change your life around when you are at home anyway?
Let’s stop dreaming and let’s take this time at home to do ‘The Body Coach’ 90-day plan!
As soon as Cycle 1 is done I will share the videos here!
In the 90 day plan with ‘The Body Coach’, there are 5 exercises in each cycle. Each Cycle is 30 days / 4 weeks.
Joe Wicks, ‘The Body Coach’, recommends that you workout 4-5 times/ week. Each workout is 25 minutes each.
I will start with Cycle 1 and do all 5 exercises. You can then choose which video you like more and pick and mix out of the 5 exercises over Cycle 1.
After one month- when Cycle 1 is done- I will do Cycle 2 and then Cycle 3 until we have done the full 90 days. All 3 Cycles.
Each Cycle has different exercise sessions and goals.
It’s not a quick fix, to get fit again and to reduce pain, but it wouldn’t take more than a week before you feel a difference in your body with less stiffness and with less pain.
You might experience some muscle soreness some hours after the workout, called DOOMS. As you have just done some exercise and used muscles that might have been dormant for a long time.
Exercise causes microscopic damage to the muscle fibres, resulting in muscle soreness or stiffness.
I invite you to have a longer stretch session after the workout if you would get muscle soreness, and The Best Remedy for DOOMS: Have a warm bath, put in some cheap table salt, a fist load, 250 gr, and some lavender oil ( 4-8 drops) and soak for a good 20 minutes. Put some music on and relax.
The warm bath with the salt and the lavender oil, has an amazing effect on the muscles!
- To create weight loss, more energy must be expended than consumed. This can be accomplished by increasing caloric expenditure while reducing caloric intake.
- Food restriction creates cortisol, feelings of stress, while exercise creates dopamine, happy feelings.
- So while reducing your calories, you need the exercise to lift your spirit and mind. A mix of both is needed to obtain weight loss.
- Protein is more effective in reducing % body fat versus carbohydrate
- One needs to adjust the calorie intake over time as body mass decreases and metabolic adaptation occurs.
- Low energy intake and minimal body fat are perceived as indicators of energy unavailability, resulting in a homeostatic endocrine response aimed at conserving energy and promoting energy intake.
- “Refeeding” has become common in periods of extended dieting. A refeed consists of a brief overfeeding period in which caloric intake is raised slightly above maintenance levels and the increase in caloric intake is predominantly achieved by increasing carbohydrate consumption. The proposed goal of periodic refeeding is to temporarily increase circulating leptin and stimulate the metabolic rate.
- To avoid rapid fat gain following the cessation of a diet, “reverse dieting” see above, can be recommended, which means gradually and with control increase your calorie intake. Ideally, such a process would eventually restore circulating hormones and metabolic rate to baseline levels while avoiding rapid fat gain.
- Participation in a structured resistance training program, HIIT sessions and adequate protein intake, is imperative to a successful weight loss.
Remember to get your Free gift!
‘The 14 Day Kick Start Kick Start Program!’ before we start charging £27 for the program!
And you will have instant access now!
🔶 Please Like, Comment and Subscribe to my Youtube channel and Share the Videos.
And as always,
The Only Difference Between Who You Are and Who You Want to Be is What You DO.
Start by doing something that makes you feel successful and full of joy.
Start positive and set the day!
My dream is to offer the best information and services possible in the Four Pillars of Fitness, Nutrition, Wellness and Accountability.